Mr. Bazaar on Instagram!

COPYRIGHT © 2009 - 2012 BRIGHT.BAZAAR

Friday 16 November 2012

Sweet Paul: A Blue Christmas

Blue rocks. Period. I've always been a fan of this versatile hue; I've used it in my clothing and decor choices for years - even my car is blue! However, it wasn't until a few years ago when I discovered just how fantastic the colour can be when used as the anchor point for a festive decorating scheme. Each year my main tree (yes, Mr.B loves Christmas decorating so much that he has more than one tree...!) is now decorated with a Nordic blue colour scheme. So, I was delighted that the Holiday issue of Sweet Paul included a Christmas story based around the very same palette. Styled and photographed by Germany-based Dietlind Wolf, the spread inspired me to add some new elements to my own decorating scheme this year. I especially love how Dietlind combined ice blue and winter teal hues with frost and rust accents, which work really well to break up the palette. As well as this beautiful story, you can also see my market pages, a travel piece on Munich and my recurring Will's Picks feature, which gives hints, tips and inspiration for creating a Nordic White Christmas scheme. I always love working on Holiday issues (even if it is during summer!) but it's even better to enjoy reading the issue cover to cover once all the hard work is done. Now I can start to think about starting this year's seasonal decorating! Tell me, do you use any blue in your festive decor?
// Craft, styling & photography by Dietlind Wolf | Sweet Paul | Paint splash

22 comments:

  1. Delightful, can't wait to devour it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stunning! I wish I could have everything on this post! Love it = Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love blue as a Christmas theme....always have! Would love to see a few peeks into your - surely - fabulous Christmas!

    xx Ashleigh
    www.ashflynn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful! i'm listening to Christmas music right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhh, I am in love with that guy...genius! blue + sparkly is so festive, just understated elegance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favourite combo - last year my tree had only ice blue and silver decos on it and I loved it. Really matched our hot Aussie summers with that colour pallete. This year however I want to mix it up a bit but not sure what extra colours to mix with it - I was going to go lime green and hot pink. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love blue for a Christmas colour .

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's great! Love it! The tree in the last photo is fab!
    You make me laugh, my main tree.. what a cool idea having several trees.
    Great issue too. hx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I never thought blue could look so..christmassy..

    ReplyDelete
  10. always have! Would love to see a few peeks into your - surely - fabulous Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of my favourite Christmas styling features... EVER! Blue is also one of my favourites (so much so that I also have a blue car! Ha!). My tree is usually a mixture of different colours but I think I might take a leaf out of your book and do more than one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning, as always my friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous feature on Munich, I SO want to go!

    ReplyDelete
  14. AHH I love this colour - my mother in law used it last year on her tree, it is so cool.
    Must be on the lookout for something shiny, and something blue;-)
    Happy weekend Will,
    Ax

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have never used blue in mu festive decorating but might give it a try this year!!
    Happy Weekend sweetie
    Rachie xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Also never went with blue, although you make a very strong point for it here! This Christmas will be interesting for me since it will be the first time in three years (since we moved to Germany) that we will have a TREE! Every year before that we were back in Canada for Christmas so there was no need to have one here. But this year we will, and we have no decorations so we have to make some decisions about the colour scheme. I do love a blank slate :) Will keep the blue in mind. Thanks for the inspiration!

    :) Holly.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have to admit - I love the traditional Christmas colour scheme when it comes to decorating my own tree, I think that has to do with memories of Christmas when I was young. But that's not to say I don't love other christmassy colour pallets. I particularly love the rust accents with the ice blue, as well as providing contrast it give a lovely warm hint.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooh I'm loving this color scheme for the holidays! Love that you have more than one Christmas tree at home - does that mean you get more presents?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this! Blue hasn't always been my favourite Christmas hue but the vintage vibe from this shoot is amazing, as are those ice cube ornaments! ~Lily

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loving all the vintage blue decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I loved seeing this feature in Sweet Paul, the blue hues are gorgeous! I decided that this year I was going to do turquoise, gold, white and leopard print. Now whether I can pull it off will be another matter altogether. Fab inspiration :) x

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is great! Now it's time to get my Christmas color scheme together...and make some of those geometric pieces too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - each one makes my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
window.location.href="http://www.brightbazaarblog.com/?blogger=http://brightbazaar.blogspot.com/2012/11/sweet-paul-blue-christmas.html";